K-Movie: Miracle in Cell No. 7

Two days ago, a colleague of mine came to work with puffy eyes. Like she did some major crying last night. And true enough, she indeed cried hard but not because of some personal problems. It was because of the Korean movie Miracle in Cell No. 7.

She eagerly gave us a copy of the movie the next day and made sure that we watch it when we get home later that same day. And so I did. And boy, did I have some cry-fest on my own as well.

The adorable casts (L-R): Park Shin Hye, Kal So Won, Ryu Seung Ryong 

Miracle in Cell No. 7 (Hangul: 7번방의 선물; RR: 7beonbangui Seonmul; lit. "A Gift from Room 7") is a 2013 South Korean film starring Ryu Seung Ryong and Park Shin Hye. The film is a heartwarming comedy and family melodrama about a mentally challenged man wrongfully imprisoned for murder who builds friendships with the hardened criminals in his cell, and they help him see his daughter again by breaking her in.


When I started watching it, I'm preparing myself to hold back my tears. I'm thinking maybe my friend was just easily moved to tears. Maybe the movie wouldn't be that touching. But after making it to just about 30 minutes of the movie, I was crying like it's nobody's business.


These guys brought me laughter and tears. Such great actors.

I adore movies like this. It's so heartwarming, touching. The script was well-written. And the actors portrayed their characters so well. You can't help but admire such wonderful art. And Park Shin Hye never disappoints. I didn't even know before that she'll be in this movie.

The love of a father for his daughter.

The love between the father and his daughter is so great, it's overwhelming. I was so emotional the whole movie.

Such great father-daughter love made me miss my own father more.

I highly, highly recommend you watch Miracle in Cell No. 7. It's a great movie with equally great actors. And I promise you, you won't regret every single tear you'll be shedding for this film. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...