Childhood Nostalgia

While listening to one anime ost playlist on 8tracks, I had an idea to put up a list of my favorite childhood animes as well. I wonder if you'd watch any of these before. Here goes (in random order):


Boys Be

The anime focuses upon the ups and downs, joys and sorrows of first love and teenage romance. Six students struggle to find the perfect partner and their adolescent limitations. While several characters are taken from stories in the manga, the story of the anime is unrelated to the manga. Each episode begins and ends with a philosophical quote which sums up the episode's content.The anime, while centered on Kyoichi and Chiharu, revolves around seven or eight main characters and their love lives. (cr)

I love every episode of this anime. Such a good coming-of-age story that's interesting and fun to watch.



Ayashi no Ceres

Ceres, Celestial Legend is a fantasy shōjo manga series written by Yuu Watase. It was originally serialized in Shōjo Comic from May 1996 through March 2000. The chapters were also published by Shogakukan in fourteen collected volumes. The series focuses on Aya Mikage, who learns on her sixteenth birthday that she is the reincarnation of a celestial maiden named Ceres, and her twin brother Aki the reincarnation of Ceres' former husband, Mikagi. Ceres begins manifesting in Aya. To try to save her brother, Aya must find Ceres' lost celestial robe, while trying to avoid being killed or captured by her own family, who wants to use Ceres's supreme celestial abilities for their own personal gain. (cr)

I remember watching this anime on AXN even before Animax was popular. I think this was the first anime I've seen that borders on the more mature side. Yup.



Card Captor Sakura

The story focuses on Sakura Kinomoto, an elementary school student who discovers that she possesses magical powers after accidentally freeing a set of magical cards from the book they had been sealed in for years. She is then tasked with retrieving those cards in order to avoid an unknown catastrophe from befalling the world. (cr)

This has got to be my most favorite anime show of all time. I can't even explain it. I love every episode of it. I love the characters. I love the love-line between Sakura and Syaoran. Yes, I love their chemistry. Too cute. Haha.


So those are my top three anime shows from my childhood. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...