Three words: NEVER, EVER SETTLE.



Of course when you’re just starting on something new, you don’t instantly think of getting out of it right? You just have to give it that benefit of the doubt.

The moment I started working for this company, I’ve been observing. A lot. Because I’ve been hearing a lot from the other employees as well. Negative. Positive. But I chose to see for myself. Learn it on my own. 

So now, after almost two years, I’ve seen enough. Negative and positive. And just early this morning, I had a talk with my mom. About work. About how unstable my supposedly stable career is. And she told me how I should not let myself settle for something lesser when I can actually move on to something better. For my life. For my future.

And I believe her. I know she’s right.

It took me a long time to accept the fact that this isn’t really going anywhere. Not only was I not learning anything new, I wasn’t even getting paid enough to be financially free. And besides, I was never, ever shown any kind of appreciation for my work done. No form of motivation at all. And that’s making this job all the more complicated.

And as much as I don’t want to think about it, I’m starting to not like it. A lot.


Never, ever settle. 

When you settle for something less, it shows how much you put value in yourself. Thinking you’re not worthy for something bigger and better equates to you looking down on your abilities. And you should never, ever think of yourself unworthy.


“You are kind, smart, and important.”

I heard this line from one of my closest colleague. Apparently she got it from the movie The Help. It may not be the exact line but it has the same context. You have to give credit to yourself. Believe in yourself. Believe that you are worth more. 


Surprisingly, I'm feeling better while writing this post. It's like a feel-good update. It's really, really important to love yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you as well.

I hope you all have a good day ahead of you now! 

And remember to never, ever settle for something less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...