Skip to main content

Blue Moon in Manila

How do I even begin this fan account? Yesterday was crazy. I was basically dragging my feet going home as I was too tired from the long day but it was all worth it. Finally seeing Jung Yong Hwa, Lee Jong Hyun, Kang Min Hyuk, and Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE perform live in front of me is truly a dream come true.


The concert was scheduled to start at 8:00 PM while gates open at 6:00 PM but I went to the venue early so I won’t have to worry about being stuck in traffic or something. I was there at around 3:00 in the afternoon and good thing the concert venue was next to shopping malls so I was just mindlessly strolling while waiting for the time. I lined up at around 4:00 PM and thankfully they opened the gates and let everyone in at exactly 6:00 PM, so I only need to stand in line for about 2 hours. Of course, it’s nothing compared to yesterday’s.

While we were let into the building early, we had to wait again to enter the main coliseum where the concert will take place. It seems like they’re still doing sound checks. A few minutes later, we were finally allowed to enter the venue.


And wow! Just wow! I cannot believe my seat was this near the stage, like the in-your-face kind of near. I was initially apprehensive about my chosen seat thinking it wasn’t a good spot because it was at the right-most side of the stage but it wasn’t actually bad. I was on the 4th row of the VIP section so imagine how near that was to the stage.

I apologize for the poor image quality of most of my pictures because I just borrowed my friend’s camera as I read that DSLR cameras are not allowed inside the venue. I did not have enough time to learn how to use the digital camera. :(

As I look around, I was wondering if CNBLUE would be able to fill up this venue because it’s pretty huge. I was silently praying for a great turnout and thankfully my wish was granted. I wasn’t expecting such a huge crowd was going to watch their concert so I feel like a proud mother looking at the fans around me.



Anyway, the concert started at almost 8:30 PM – so much for Filipino time. They did the intro, and OH MY LORD! This is really happening! When the lights turned off, everyone started screaming! I’m not a screamer though so I was just sitting there speechless and in awe of the show unfolding before me.


While the intro video was playing, you can see the boys' silhouette coming up from under the stage, especially from where I was seated. As expected, more screaming erupted from the crowd! This is CNBLUE, guys! They are finally here in my country performing live in front of me!


They opened with Where You Are and since the entire song is in English, I was able to sing along to it. I still cannot believe CNBLUE is finally performing here! I was taking in all of Yong Hwa’s features from the moment he came on stage and started performing. He looks so cool. He is a total performer. He loves the stage and the stage loves him. The energy he gives off resonated with every single member of the audience and it was just an out-of-this-world experience. He's fantastic at hyping up the crowd and keeping the energy high. His vocal control is undeniable as well. It really is different having to hear him belt out those high notes live.

My seat was nearer Jong Hyun (practically right in front of him) and I have to admit there are times when I get so distracted by his blindingly glowing muscular arms. Jong Hyun wearing sleeveless shirts should be declared illegal because they can be very distracting, seriously.

   

I was thinking of listing down my favorite songs that they performed that night but while I was typing, I realized I actually loved all of them so I can’t choose. The part where Min Hyuk, Jung Shin, and Jong Hyun, each read out a sentence in Filipino about Yong Hwa's birthday surprise was adorable since Yong Hwa was confused why he had nothing to read. When we all started singing happy birthday to him, you can see how happy it made him. It was so cute to see him trying to hide his smile but failing. 


One funny thing that happened during the concert was when Yong Hwa accidentally blurted out “I love you, Singapore”, and only realized his blunder a few seconds later. He was so embarrassed that he can’t stop smiling LOL. Then he corrected himself and said "Philippines. Mistake.” Such a cute mistake. And then he kept repeating after "I love Philippines" and Jung Shin also helped him by shouting "I love Manila”. The way Yong Hwa was making eye contact with the other boys as if asking for help because of his blooper was fun to watch too. 

They performed nonstop and then after I'm Sorry, the curtains went down. The crowd started chanting for more and then the boys were back for the encore, and now they're wearing the Blue Moon official shirt.

   

The concert ended with the song Try Again, Smile Again. I love how Yong Hwa sang the song with such heartfelt emotion. I believe he definitely is trying again and smiling again after what he has recently been through. I admire Yong Hwa for being a strong person. Whatever he has achieved now, I strongly believe that he deserves all of it. And same goes for CNBLUE. Whatever they have achieved as a group now, they fully deserve all of it.

Now, Blue Moon Manila has officially ended. The boys are back in Korea and are probably preparing for their next concert which is in Beijing. I hope I get to see them again soon.

Three years ago, I hoped and prayed to one day see CNBLUE perform live in front of me.

Three years ago, I was introduced to the charismatic leader and rookie actor that is Jung Yong Hwa. 

Three years ago, I started supporting the person that is Jung Yong Hwa.

And now, three years later, I was able to finally see them and watch them perform with my own two eyes - no more fancams. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am right now. How blessed I feel. How much I will cherish this experience. I can't tell you enough how much this has made my life so much happier...



I made a promise to myself and to my mother to stop fangirling after this concert. I will try to hold on to that promise. But this one thing is for sure, if I will be given the chance to see CNBLUE perform once again, I will grab that opportunity. I will forever be a Boice. I will continue supporting and loving these four boys with all my heart. My heart will forever beat CNBLUE.

Comments

  1. Really touching. Thanks to share it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also at the concert!! They were superb! I'm not a big fan of CNBLUE before the concert (I just started to like them after I watched WGM) but after seeing them live, I think I would become a hard-core BOICE from now on. xD

    Aww, why did you want to stop fan-girling after the concert? Sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear you enjoyed the concert! Watching the boys perform live really is so much more amazing. :)

      And I made a promise that's why I'm stopping.


      Delete
  3. i know yong hwa because of running man :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Son Woo Hyeon Returns to Stage Plays in Sergio Blanco’s Tebas Land

Tebas Land depicts the story of S , a playwright seeking to create a project around the story of Martin Santos , a young man who murdered his own father. The pair gets to know each other through repeated encounters on a prison basketball court as S gives Martin a space to share his story in his own words. S originally aims to understand what caused Martin to kill his father and to decipher the psyche of a parricide, however, as their meetings progress, S’s artistic vision begins to blur the line between art and truth. In the play, Woo Hyun takes on the roles of Martin , a young man imprisoned for the murder of his father, and Federico , the actor who will be portraying Martin. The show will run from June 28, 2023 (Wednesday) to September 24, 2023 (Sunday) at the Chungmu Arts Center – Middle Hall (Black) in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The venue has a maximum capacity of 327 seats . There will be performances every day except on Monday making the total performances to 103 (or 102 in cas

To My Star Has Seized My Universe

Hey everyone! How have you been? As for me, I have been busy with the mundane stuff but thankfully still have enough time to spend catching up on old and new BL shows alike. With how popular the Boys’ Love genre has come to be, it’s no surprise that entertainment companies have been steadily churning show after show for the fans to feast on. My watch list just keeps getting longer but I’m not complaining. Today, I’m going to talk about a Korean BL series that is very special to me: To My Star . This will be the first of a 2-part post on this series as I will be talking about seasons 1 & 2 separately. Please be warned that this will be an in-depth review of the show so there will be spoilers not to mention it will be a lengthy post. Let’s start. The Plot To My Star is a South Korean Boys’ Love (KBL) web drama directed by Hwang Da Seul and starring actors Son Woo Hyeon and Kim Kang Min . Season 1 began airing on the 22nd of  January 2021 and had a total of 9 episodes with a durat