Skip to main content

Thai BL Actors are Taking Over the World

Hello everyone!

And I am back with another post about Thai Boys Love or BL dramas. This time, I am not going to review a drama but instead, I will list down some of the Thai actors from BL shows that have caught my attention recently. I admit I haven't watched a lot of Thai BL dramas as I am mostly busy with adult life. I am lucky to have come across a few of the more well-known dramas though and it would definitely show in the list that I am about to put out. So here are my top five male actors from Thai BL dramas.


#1 Singto Prachaya Ruangroj

Singto was born on 28 July 1994 in Bangkok, Thailand. He rose to fame because of his role as Kongpob in SOTUS: The Series which was released in 2016. Just a side note: this BL drama is my ultimate favorite at the moment. Now going back to Singto, I have to say that there is something about him that captivates you. Frankly, he isn't the most good-looking BL actor out there and his acting skills cannot be considered brilliant just yet. Having said that, I still consider him among my favorite actors. One thing I specifically adore about him is his ability to portray a character with sincerity. It’s as if you can also feel whatever emotion he’s trying to convey in a scene. Off-screen, I am pleased to know that he and Krist Perawat (his on-screen partner in SOTUS) seemed to be genuine friends. It's just like two close friends goofing around. Personally, Singto comes off as an unpretentious person which makes me want to support him and all his works.





#2 Krist Perawat Sangpotirat

Krist was born on 18 October 1995 in Bangkok, Thailand. His fame came from playing the role of Arthit in the 2016 Thai BL drama SOTUS: The Series alongside Singto. I was pleasantly surprised to know that Krist's personality is a huge contrast to that of his character Arthit. Krist is such a playful, high-spirited person and he makes some of the best facial expressions.  Similar to Singto, he gives off a sincere aura which made me like him even off-screen. He and Singto were both delightful to watch in SOTUS. I heard though that the only time he will be in anything BL-related (drama, movie, gigs, etc.) is when he's partnered with Singto. While I do not have any complaints about that, I can’t help but think that it could affect him negatively in the future.



#3 Tay Tawan Vihokratana

Tay was born on 20 July 1991 in Bangkok, Thailand. His claim to fame was his role as Pete in Kiss: The Series, Kiss Me Again, and Dark Blue Kiss. Yeah, he's been busy! Tay is another one of the genuine people in the BL industry. Admittedly, I may be a bit biased but he does seem like a sincere person. I also find him to be a decent actor based on his acting abilities in playing the role of Pete in the Kiss Me Again series. He and New showed more physical intimacy in their shows compared to Singto and Krist in SOTUS which caught me a bit off-guard. Their series is the second BL drama I watched after SOTUS and I was quite stunned at how their kisses went. Passionate is the term I’d describe it. Truthfully, I did not feel any awkwardness between him and his on-screen partner which I believe is crucial when it comes to successfully portraying the love between two male leads. Off-screen, he gives off a very playful and charismatic vibe not to mention his photography skills are amazing. Whenever I look at Tay, I see someone who’s very comfortable with his sexuality thus the reason I believe he’s an absolutely genuine person.



#4 Tul Pakorn Thanasrivanitchai

Tul was born on 08 October 1992 in Bangkok, Thailand. He played the role of Knock in the BL drama Together With Me. First things first, Tul is so fit. Like seriously, his body is amazing. That being said, his character Knock was frustrating. Thankfully, his chemistry with his on-screen partner Max was overflowing. It was beautiful. I am looking forward to more of his BL works, that's for sure. Behind the camera, he is such a well-educated person. I follow him on Instagram and I love how he captions his posts in English as well making him more accessible to international fans. 




#5 Lay Talay Sanguandikun

Lay was born on 09 September 1995. He rose to fame for his role as King in the recently concluded Thai BL drama My Engineer. I found a lot of people promoting this 2020 drama and saying how underrated it was so I decided to see for myself. This drama turned out to be a rewarding gem! It started off okay but each episode one-ups the previous which I found was so satisfying. I wanted to rant about this drama but will just save that for another review post. Back to Lay now. He was actually the other half of a side couple in the drama I mentioned nevertheless, I think I am speaking for a lot of people when I say that he and his on-screen partner outshined the main couple. Their chemistry was lovely and their interactions were cute. One more thing, Lay reminds me of GOT7's Youngjae so much in terms of looks. At some angles, I see Youngjae in him. Maybe that's another reason why I like him. His acting in My Engineer was not awkward and I find myself enjoying his scenes more than the other couples. I am very excited to watch more of his works in the future.


There you go. These five guys are my current favorite Thai BL actors. It's almost midnight now where I am so I apologize if there are grammatical errors in this post. Again, my exposure to Thai BL dramas is minimal at this point. I still have a lot of dramas yet to watch so my list is a bit limited.

That's it. I am putting more effort into updating my blog to pass the time and also to relieve the stress from everyday adult life. Watching BL dramas will do you more good than harm so I suggest you go ahead and give yourself a treat. Try watching some Thai Boys Love dramas for a refreshing change of scenery. I'm sure you'll love it, especially if these guys are on it. 💛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Moon in Manila

How do I even begin this fan account? Yesterday was crazy. I was basically dragging my feet going home as I was too tired from the long day but it was all worth it. Finally seeing Jung Yong Hwa , Lee Jong Hyun , Kang Min Hyuk , and Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE perform live in front of me is truly a dream come true. The concert was scheduled to start at 8:00 PM while gates open at 6:00 PM but I went to the venue early so I won’t have to worry about being stuck in traffic or something. I was there at around 3:00 in the afternoon and good thing the concert venue was next to shopping malls so I was just mindlessly strolling while waiting for the time. I lined up at around 4:00 PM and thankfully they opened the gates and let everyone in at exactly 6:00 PM, so I only need to stand in line for about 2 hours. Of course, it’s nothing compared to yesterday’s. While we were let into the building early, we had to wait again to enter the main coliseum where the concert will take place. It seems like

Son Woo Hyeon Returns to Stage Plays in Sergio Blanco’s Tebas Land

Tebas Land depicts the story of S , a playwright seeking to create a project around the story of Martin Santos , a young man who murdered his own father. The pair gets to know each other through repeated encounters on a prison basketball court as S gives Martin a space to share his story in his own words. S originally aims to understand what caused Martin to kill his father and to decipher the psyche of a parricide, however, as their meetings progress, S’s artistic vision begins to blur the line between art and truth. In the play, Woo Hyun takes on the roles of Martin , a young man imprisoned for the murder of his father, and Federico , the actor who will be portraying Martin. The show will run from June 28, 2023 (Wednesday) to September 24, 2023 (Sunday) at the Chungmu Arts Center – Middle Hall (Black) in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The venue has a maximum capacity of 327 seats . There will be performances every day except on Monday making the total performances to 103 (or 102 in cas

To My Star Has Seized My Universe

Hey everyone! How have you been? As for me, I have been busy with the mundane stuff but thankfully still have enough time to spend catching up on old and new BL shows alike. With how popular the Boys’ Love genre has come to be, it’s no surprise that entertainment companies have been steadily churning show after show for the fans to feast on. My watch list just keeps getting longer but I’m not complaining. Today, I’m going to talk about a Korean BL series that is very special to me: To My Star . This will be the first of a 2-part post on this series as I will be talking about seasons 1 & 2 separately. Please be warned that this will be an in-depth review of the show so there will be spoilers not to mention it will be a lengthy post. Let’s start. The Plot To My Star is a South Korean Boys’ Love (KBL) web drama directed by Hwang Da Seul and starring actors Son Woo Hyeon and Kim Kang Min . Season 1 began airing on the 22nd of  January 2021 and had a total of 9 episodes with a durat