Skip to main content

Free Falling My Way To KinnPorsche's World

Hello everyone! It is I once again with another post about a Boys Love (BL) drama I had recently finished watching. Well not so recently as I think I completed this series about a month ago and only now got the chance to write about it. I hope you guys are doing well and steadily getting back on your feet after the pandemic. I have been busy with other mundane stuff as I am now living solo and only just recently decided to return to blogging again. The sound of the keyboard clacking while I try to organize the thoughts in my head is something I did not know I missed. It is always a great feeling when you talk about something you are really interested in. I had already posted about my experience attending my first BL drama event about 2 months ago and this time I will be talking about actual the drama itself. All introductions done so let us now move on to the main topic of this post: KinnPorsche: The Series La Forte (KP).


The Plot

Thailand has again gifted the BL world a gem in the form of KinnPorsche: The Series (KP). This action drama romance series aired during the second quarter of 2022 with the world of the mafia as its backdrop. It stars Mile Phakphum Romsaithong (Mile) as Kinn and Apo Nattawin Wattanagitiphat (Apo) as Porsche. The series follows Porsche, desperate to make money and take care of his younger brother, as he finds himself drawn into the mafia underworld by Kinn. It released 2 versions: one for TV airing and one full uncut version La Forte shown on iQIYI (which is the version I watched).

 

Honestly, it was a mystery even to myself how I came across this BL show. I am probably browsing Youtube for some BL contents to watch when a video about it showed up on my feed. The show has already finished airing when I found out about it so I can binge if I wanted to. I downloaded and paid a subscription fee on iQIYI just to get my hands on this drama.


As I mentioned, KP revolves around the mafia underworld which is perfect for my taste. I have started getting less and less interested in school dramas as I feel I am too old for those so KP is definitely a breath of fresh air. I should also say that this series is R18. So yeah, for more mature audience indeed.

 

My General Review

I was not expecting KinnPorsche to be this steamy! Like seriously my heart and eyes were not ready for all that action – in and out of the bedroom. The most mature show I have watched was probably MaxTul’s Together With Me and that was nothing compared to KP. Nothing.


KinnPorsche has 14 episodes in total and to be honest, I am only at episode 8 when I decided to attend their fanmeet last October. As I said, I have a lot of mundane stuff that I have been sorting out recently. But thankfully, I got around to watching the rest of the series. And boy what a rollercoaster ride that was.


Everything about KP is next level. The acting, the storyline, the cinematography, the NC scenes, everything! The characters are so diverse that it was a pleasant surprise each time I am introduced to a new person in the show. You can definitely tell the effort, not to mention the money, that was poured out just to produce KP.


As much as I love KP, I have to admit there were a few scenes that triggered me. Of course I also understand that it was set in the mafia world so most of the stuff are going to be questionable. That being said, the scene where Porshe was drugged and what happened afterwards doesn’t sit so well with me until now. Yes, it was definitely a huge turning point for the story but I just don’t like to idea of it and how it was, dare I say, seemingly romanticized in the show.


Oh and there is an abundance of butts in this show. Like seriously whether in comedic, sensual, or dark scenes, you will be shown a butt or two.

 

The Actors

The thing with KP is that they have a big group of actors who equally left an impression on the audiences that it’s difficult to focus on just the main cast. As I mentioned in my previous post about their World Tour, there were 16 people on stage that night. As much as I would like to say something about every single one of them, it will be a bit too much for you guys. So bear with me as I will focus on the main couples and some standouts.


Mile Phakphum (Kinn) & Apo Nattawin (Porsche)

Mile and Apo gave justice and so much more to their respective characters. Their chemistry is just exploding! There is never an ounce of awkwardness felt in any of their scenes– even their intimate scenes together. It all felt too real that at times I tend to look away as I feel I am intruding just like how I felt towards BossNoeul in LITA. These guys are just such professionals at playing their characters.


One standout scene for me was when they were about to part after getting out of the cave. It wasn’t a grand scene but their emotions during that talk got to me. The way Mile delivered his line so emotionally-charged and then right after Apo kissing him before running away. It was just so good.

I think it is also good to talk about the NC scenes. They had several of those scattered in the show and I guess that’s why KP was dubbed the “horniest show on earth” by some fans. KP was definitely not shying away from the steamy scenes. What I liked about it is that it doesn’t look forced like they were doing it because it’s in the script and they have no choice. It came across as organic and just like how two very-much-in-love people would feel especially in the early stage of their relationship.


Oh and one of my favorite scene was when they were in a meeting along with the other bodyguards. Kinn and Porsche where playing footsie under the table then it escalated and then the next scene was so comedic. It was one of the iconic scenes for me LOL.


Bible Wichapas (Vegas) & Build Jakapan (Pete)

Bible and Build’s chemistry was unexpected. Don’t get me wrong, I find their characters interesting though I gravitate more towards Build because Vegas is just a maniac, let’s be honest. I was never under the impression that these two would become a couple having not read the novel before. The way their relationship came about was a little… controversial, to say the least. It was a captive-captor dynamic that suddenly turned romantic. Honestly, I’m not too sold on their romance just yet. But I do know they have a huge, and I mean huge, following both in Thailand and internationally. I guess their chemistry was just that strong that people fell for them.

I find it difficult to like Vegas, to be honest. All he did prior to him falling in love with Pete was just so vile and cruel and unlikeable. And even when I was shown how he was being treated by his father, I just can’t get myself to forgive him. Most people fall for the bad-boy type of guy and I guess that is what happened to his character. People loved the emotionally-damaged-maniac-but-deep-down-sensitive-and-needing-love Vegas Theerapanyakul.


Jeff Satur (Kim)

I am going to skip Barcode (Porchay, Porsche’s younger brother) because I did not feel a connection to his character and will only talk about Jeff. Kim’s scenes were mostly just of himself or with Porchay so I honestly felt like it was a wasted opportunity to develop his character. Nevertheless, I love it every time he shows up on the screen. Jeff has this magnetic aura around him that just draws you in. I found him very attractive during his fight scenes, in the warehouse and in the bar. He looked so cool and his body, man, those arms! 

 

Final Thoughts

If you are old enough, go and watch it. Appreciate it for what it is and you will definitely enjoy it. I read several mixed reactions on this drama and honestly, it is all based on preference. The chemistry the whole cast had on this show was just amazing. I like how KinnPorsche took the whole BL scene to another level and offered something fresh to its more mature audience.

 


So there you have it. The mafia gem that is KinnPorsche: The Series La Forte. I took a break from blogging for 2 years but boy was I pleased to return with this BL drama. Not only that, I also got to see them in person just a few weeks ago. Talk about luck. 💛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Moon in Manila

How do I even begin this fan account? Yesterday was crazy. I was basically dragging my feet going home as I was too tired from the long day but it was all worth it. Finally seeing Jung Yong Hwa , Lee Jong Hyun , Kang Min Hyuk , and Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE perform live in front of me is truly a dream come true. The concert was scheduled to start at 8:00 PM while gates open at 6:00 PM but I went to the venue early so I won’t have to worry about being stuck in traffic or something. I was there at around 3:00 in the afternoon and good thing the concert venue was next to shopping malls so I was just mindlessly strolling while waiting for the time. I lined up at around 4:00 PM and thankfully they opened the gates and let everyone in at exactly 6:00 PM, so I only need to stand in line for about 2 hours. Of course, it’s nothing compared to yesterday’s. While we were let into the building early, we had to wait again to enter the main coliseum where the concert will take place. It seems like

Son Woo Hyeon Returns to Stage Plays in Sergio Blanco’s Tebas Land

Tebas Land depicts the story of S , a playwright seeking to create a project around the story of Martin Santos , a young man who murdered his own father. The pair gets to know each other through repeated encounters on a prison basketball court as S gives Martin a space to share his story in his own words. S originally aims to understand what caused Martin to kill his father and to decipher the psyche of a parricide, however, as their meetings progress, S’s artistic vision begins to blur the line between art and truth. In the play, Woo Hyun takes on the roles of Martin , a young man imprisoned for the murder of his father, and Federico , the actor who will be portraying Martin. The show will run from June 28, 2023 (Wednesday) to September 24, 2023 (Sunday) at the Chungmu Arts Center – Middle Hall (Black) in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The venue has a maximum capacity of 327 seats . There will be performances every day except on Monday making the total performances to 103 (or 102 in cas

To My Star Has Seized My Universe

Hey everyone! How have you been? As for me, I have been busy with the mundane stuff but thankfully still have enough time to spend catching up on old and new BL shows alike. With how popular the Boys’ Love genre has come to be, it’s no surprise that entertainment companies have been steadily churning show after show for the fans to feast on. My watch list just keeps getting longer but I’m not complaining. Today, I’m going to talk about a Korean BL series that is very special to me: To My Star . This will be the first of a 2-part post on this series as I will be talking about seasons 1 & 2 separately. Please be warned that this will be an in-depth review of the show so there will be spoilers not to mention it will be a lengthy post. Let’s start. The Plot To My Star is a South Korean Boys’ Love (KBL) web drama directed by Hwang Da Seul and starring actors Son Woo Hyeon and Kim Kang Min . Season 1 began airing on the 22nd of  January 2021 and had a total of 9 episodes with a durat