Skip to main content

Blue Moon in Manila Press Conference

What a day!

I can’t believe I finally saw CNBLUE in person right in front of me. Well, technically, they were a couple of meters away from where I was standing but you get the point. And they look just as good as I imagined they would be, probably even better. 

This is going to be a chronicle of how that eventful day went.

The press conference for CNBLUE was scheduled to happen a day before their actual concert. It was a free event. I arrived at SM Megamall about 10 minutes before the shopping center opens and was surprised to see a huge crowd has already gathered by the entrance. This is my first official K-Pop event so I wasn’t really prepared for anything.


Imagine my surprise when as soon as the mall doors opened, everyone literally went crazy pushing and trying to get past other people at the entrance. Fortunately, I was able to get inside fast as well. When I went past security, everyone was running. It was a mad dash to the lower floor where the stage was located. 

I was torn between wanting to run along with the rest of the people to get a good spot or walking calmly and with poise to my destination. Guess what I chose? Yes, I decided to make a run for it as well. In hindsight, I kind of felt stupid for doing that but at the moment it was the only sane thing to do because getting a good spot is the topmost priority. 

Sadly, it was a little too late because when I got to the event area, the line to the audience entrance was already so long. It slipped my mind that there were other mall entrance gates where people can get in as well. So I got a spot that’s quite far from the stage, still okay though just not what I was hoping for. 

Time check: it’s only 10:15 in the morning by then. There were no chairs aside from those reserved for the press people so we were just standing there waiting for the event to start. I was alone so leaving for lunch or a bladder break is not an option. 


While waiting, the event organizers played some games to entertain the audience. It was maybe around 4:00 in the afternoon when CNBLUE finally arrived. At first, the people from the second floor started screaming and pointing at something and we thought it was the boys already but it was just some overly excited fans. A few minutes later they're on it again, screaming and pointing at something. And lo and behold, this time it was actually CNBLUE arriving.

Imagine the chaos that erupted when they emerged from the sides before heading backstage to prepare. The moment I saw Jung Yong Hwa, who was the first one to walk in, I thought I felt my soul leave my body. 


This time the crowd turned more frenzied and harder to control. Everyone was screaming and pushing, basically just trying to get in front. The crowd went wilder if that is even possible, as soon as the four boys went on the stage. The shouting went on to a whole new level of highness and sadly the pushing as well.

I can’t believe I finally saw Jung Yong Hwa and the rest of CNBLUE in person. When they came out, I was unable to contain myself anymore and started screaming and cheering along with the crowd of fans around me. After 3 years of admiring and supporting CNBLUE as an international fan, I finally got the chance to meet them in person. What a wonderful day to be alive!

They also brought a cake to the stage and sang happy birthday to Yong Hwa. He looked grateful to the fans for the sweet gesture. 


Nearing the end of the event, I was unable to continue watching from my spot anymore as everyone around me began pushing again. I can’t even see the stage properly from where I’m standing because taller people were crowding in front of me so I decided to make my way out of the crowd for some air, and I swear I felt my legs about to give way. They were trembling so badly from standing for more than 6 hours.

As the media conference ended, everyone started running to where the boys were expected to walk through on their way out. The security team placed a rope on one side and instructed people to hold on to it and not block the way for the boys. I was with those people waiting as well but it turned out to be a decoy. They went to the other side so, of course, the people started running in that direction. I did too, admittedly. I was lucky enough to find a spot right when Yong Hwa was just about to pass through, so I got to see him and his amazing side profile up close. This is the closest I got to Yong Hwa, with him passing in front of me not more than a meter away. I was stunned and forgot to look at the other members completely.

And that’s how my first encounter with CNBLUE went. It was an extremely exhausting day –more than 6 hours of no food, no drinks, no toilet break, and no sitting. The life of a fangirl is no joke and this experience was definitely one for the books. While it took a lot of sacrifices, I knew in my heart that this is right, my being here and enduring just to see them is right. I believe I made the right choice.

I feel so content after feeling the love and warmth PH Boices gave CNBLUE that day, I’m sure the boys felt the same too. Honestly, I was not expecting a large crowd for the event but it made me so happy that CNBLUE now knows how loved they are in my country. 


I'm all the more excited for tomorrow. Concert day. D-day! I'm expecting an amazing show from CNBLUE and I'm sure they won't disappoint. This will be my first and last K-Pop concert. After this, I have decided to stop fangirling over CNBLUE and K-Pop in general.

Tomorrow is the day! Good luck to CNBLUE and to all PH Boices attending the concert. Let's all enjoy! DAJUKJA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Son Woo Hyeon Returns to Stage Plays in Sergio Blanco’s Tebas Land

Tebas Land depicts the story of S , a playwright seeking to create a project around the story of Martin Santos , a young man who murdered his own father. The pair gets to know each other through repeated encounters on a prison basketball court as S gives Martin a space to share his story in his own words. S originally aims to understand what caused Martin to kill his father and to decipher the psyche of a parricide, however, as their meetings progress, S’s artistic vision begins to blur the line between art and truth. In the play, Woo Hyun takes on the roles of Martin , a young man imprisoned for the murder of his father, and Federico , the actor who will be portraying Martin. The show will run from June 28, 2023 (Wednesday) to September 24, 2023 (Sunday) at the Chungmu Arts Center – Middle Hall (Black) in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The venue has a maximum capacity of 327 seats . There will be performances every day except on Monday making the total performances to 103 (or 102 in cas

To My Star Has Seized My Universe

Hey everyone! How have you been? As for me, I have been busy with the mundane stuff but thankfully still have enough time to spend catching up on old and new BL shows alike. With how popular the Boys’ Love genre has come to be, it’s no surprise that entertainment companies have been steadily churning show after show for the fans to feast on. My watch list just keeps getting longer but I’m not complaining. Today, I’m going to talk about a Korean BL series that is very special to me: To My Star . This will be the first of a 2-part post on this series as I will be talking about seasons 1 & 2 separately. Please be warned that this will be an in-depth review of the show so there will be spoilers not to mention it will be a lengthy post. Let’s start. The Plot To My Star is a South Korean Boys’ Love (KBL) web drama directed by Hwang Da Seul and starring actors Son Woo Hyeon and Kim Kang Min . Season 1 began airing on the 22nd of  January 2021 and had a total of 9 episodes with a durat

Blue Moon in Manila

How do I even begin this fan account? Yesterday was crazy. I was basically dragging my feet going home as I was too tired from the long day but it was all worth it. Finally seeing Jung Yong Hwa , Lee Jong Hyun , Kang Min Hyuk , and Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE perform live in front of me is truly a dream come true. The concert was scheduled to start at 8:00 PM while gates open at 6:00 PM but I went to the venue early so I won’t have to worry about being stuck in traffic or something. I was there at around 3:00 in the afternoon and good thing the concert venue was next to shopping malls so I was just mindlessly strolling while waiting for the time. I lined up at around 4:00 PM and thankfully they opened the gates and let everyone in at exactly 6:00 PM, so I only need to stand in line for about 2 hours. Of course, it’s nothing compared to yesterday’s. While we were let into the building early, we had to wait again to enter the main coliseum where the concert will take place. It seems like