Skip to main content

It's All or Nothing for 2NE1's 2nd Manila Concert

Last Saturday, I was lucky finally watch 2NE1 perform live during their All or Nothing Concert held at the Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines. 2NE1 is a South Korean girl group under YG Entertainment consisting of 4 members: CL, Park Bom, Sandara Park, and Minzy.


A day before the event, I was contemplating whether to actually buy a ticket or not. Although I am a huge fan of the K-pop group, I'm kind of worried about the cost as I am after all just a struggling 9-to-5 employee. But after half a day of weighing the pros and cons, I decided I must not let this opportunity to see the four ladies of YGE slip. This might be the last time they'll be holding a concert in Manila, for all I know. And besides, I've already regretted not watching BIGBANG before. I don't want that to happen again.

So fast forward to D-day, and I found myself standing in line, along with thousands of other Filipino Blackjacks, waiting for the venue gates to open. It was a very hot and humid Saturday afternoon and I just got out of the ER earlier that day. I knew I was pushing my limits but it's now or never.


The concert started at 08:30 PM. The intro served its purpose well by hyping up the crowd and preparing us for the entrance of the queens of K-pop. Personally, I like to refer to 2NE1 as queens because they exude royalty and power wherever they are.

They opened with their latest single, Crush, and everyone just went insane! Hearing and being able to scream 'Nolza' along with thousands of other Blackjacks gave me goosebumps. It was so powerful. I don't know. It's just. Wow!


Every member of 2NE1 was every inch a total performer. They were full of energy throughout the concert - singing, dancing, talking, and jumping everywhere. It was crazy good! It's like a big party! Crazy good, definitely.

I wasn't able to remember the exact set list but my favorite songs that they performed that night were Gotta Be You, Come Back Home (both versions), Fire, I Don't Care, I Am The Best, Ugly, and Go Away. I was expecting Falling In Love but sadly they did not perform it. Still, everything was so good!

And it was actually the first time I heard CL's debut solo single, Baddest Female. What can I say? I like it. It's been stuck in my head ever since.

Oh! And I love Park Bom! She is AMAZING in Gotta Be You! Seriously! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Dara has been my favorite member of 2NE1 since I first came across their group. But after seeing and hearing Park Bom, she just went straight to the top of my bias list.


And Minzy! The maknae is all grown-up! She's sporting a new, longer and sleeker, red hair and it suits her very well. She looked so pretty! And she's got the best dance moves I've ever seen. Impressive!

Aside from 2NE1, there was also a short performance halfway through the concert by YGE's new boy group, Winner. Apparently, they have a huge following in my country as well even though they haven't debuted yet. It was also my first time seeing them. They were quite good. Their song Just Another Boy was really catchy. I like it. Though I was a little bothered by that Minho because he resembles GD so much, especially with his moves.


Toward the end of the concert, CL dropped a very heartwarming line. It was during the part where they brought the cakes on stage to celebrate their 5th Anniversary. It goes something like this but not the exact words I think.

"This is Dara's hometown, and I wish this was mine too."

That was really nice of her. It shows how much she fell in love with our country. I don't know. It just brings me so much joy and pride.


I can't believe it all ended so quickly. Two hours is too short to marvel at 2NE1's magnificence. I'm so happy I made the right decision to watch their concert. It was all worth it seeing them in person and watching them sing their hearts out. I hope to attend another 2NE1 concert in the future. I'm sure they'll be just as good then if not even better performers.


BONUS: Here's a pic of the gorgeous Minzy with Jollibee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Moon in Manila

How do I even begin this fan account? Yesterday was crazy. I was basically dragging my feet going home as I was too tired from the long day but it was all worth it. Finally seeing Jung Yong Hwa , Lee Jong Hyun , Kang Min Hyuk , and Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE perform live in front of me is truly a dream come true. The concert was scheduled to start at 8:00 PM while gates open at 6:00 PM but I went to the venue early so I won’t have to worry about being stuck in traffic or something. I was there at around 3:00 in the afternoon and good thing the concert venue was next to shopping malls so I was just mindlessly strolling while waiting for the time. I lined up at around 4:00 PM and thankfully they opened the gates and let everyone in at exactly 6:00 PM, so I only need to stand in line for about 2 hours. Of course, it’s nothing compared to yesterday’s. While we were let into the building early, we had to wait again to enter the main coliseum where the concert will take place. It seems like

Son Woo Hyeon Returns to Stage Plays in Sergio Blanco’s Tebas Land

Tebas Land depicts the story of S , a playwright seeking to create a project around the story of Martin Santos , a young man who murdered his own father. The pair gets to know each other through repeated encounters on a prison basketball court as S gives Martin a space to share his story in his own words. S originally aims to understand what caused Martin to kill his father and to decipher the psyche of a parricide, however, as their meetings progress, S’s artistic vision begins to blur the line between art and truth. In the play, Woo Hyun takes on the roles of Martin , a young man imprisoned for the murder of his father, and Federico , the actor who will be portraying Martin. The show will run from June 28, 2023 (Wednesday) to September 24, 2023 (Sunday) at the Chungmu Arts Center – Middle Hall (Black) in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The venue has a maximum capacity of 327 seats . There will be performances every day except on Monday making the total performances to 103 (or 102 in cas

2gether: The Series & My Fascination for Thai BL

Aside from K-Pop (and sadly the pandemic ), 2020 was also a huge year for Thai Boys Love dramas or BL . Whether you prefer innocent and cute pairings or more mature and steamy romance stories, for sure there is a BL show that will match your taste. BL is, until today, still a niche genre. While the number of people enjoying it has grown dramatically in the previous years, I do believe it still has yet to reach the same level of appreciation the majority of mainstream dramas are receiving. However, I also do admit that 2020 brought about a boom in the popularity of the genre with the biggest push coming from the release of the Thai BL 2gether: The Series . 2gether: The Series is a Thai BL television series adapted from the 2019 Thai novel by JittiRain . It told the story of Tine played by Win Metawin Opas-iamkajorn , a handsome student and cheerleader in college, who started a fake romantic relationship with Sarawat played by Bright Vachirawit Chiva-aree , one of the most popular