Skip to main content

KinnPorsche The Series World Tour Manila

Guess what I just did on a whim?

I bought a ticket to watch KinnPorsche: The Series World Tour after hearing about it just the night before of the event!


Okay first things first, you might be wondering what KinnPorsche: The Series World Tour is all about. To say simply, it is a world tour of the casts of the Thai action romance drama show KinnPorsche: The Series


What is this Thai drama about, you may ask?

Basically, it is another gem of a Boys Love or BL drama from Thailand but this time the backdrop is the world of the mafia. I won’t be talking about the drama itself on this post and instead reserve that for another post but the gist is the heir of a mafia clan meets a guy, hires him as his bodyguard, and eventually they fall for each other. Of course there is more to their story but again I will do a deep-dive on that next time.

This series is headlined by Mile Phakphum Romsaithong and Apo Nattawin Wattanagitiphat. You have to believe me when I say these two guys are such adorable, endearing, and lovely persons and the way they portrayed their respective characters was very satisfying and rewarding for us viewers.


Now on to the events leading to and during the fanmeet.

It was two nights ago (on a Friday weekend) while on my bed and browsing Twitter, I came across a trending topic about KinnPorsche: The Series World Tour and lo and behold, I clicked on it and only then found out that they had arrived in Manila a few hours earlier and were scheduled to hold a fanmeet the following Saturday evening.

I kid you not! I have never felt this excited over a BL fanmeet before. My heart was racing and I immediately checked for tickets but instead of getting one right then and there, I talked myself into buying at the venue instead. If I go and there are no more tickets left, then I am not meant to watch the fanmeet - that's what I thought. I guess I wanted to be a little more mature.

So I slept on it.


D-DAY. I woke up a little early and spent the next 2 hours contemplating on whether I should push through with my plan. I did a lot of back and forth in my mind before finally leaving the house to head to SM Mall of Asia Arena, arriving a few minutes before 10 in the morning. I headed to the ticket booth and I GOT MYSELF A TICKET!

Looks like I am watching the show then.


Fast forward to around 4:00PM, after having a late lunch, I headed to the arena to check out the situation and maybe start lining up. Already, there were lines for each section so good timing, I guess. As announced, they started letting people inside the building by 5:00PM. We waited for another 2 hours before finally being let in in the main arena and ushered to our seats. It was a relatively organized process overall.

At around 8:00PM, the show started with their opening act, Thai rock band Slot Machine. They started their stage with the soundtrack for KinnPorsche: The Series: ‘Free Fall’. If you haven’t yet, go check out the song! It has a nice beat and catchy chorus. They also sang a few more of their own songs to hype the crowd and it definitely worked. Music indeed transcends languages.

Finally, the boys emerge on the stage! There were 16 of them all looking good in their suits and one by one they introduced themselves. As expected, the crowd was going crazy! It was such an exhilarating moment to finally see these international actors in person. By the way, I won’t be listing down every single performance because I don’t have the best memory rather I would only talk about the ones that I really enjoyed.


So in no particular order, let’s begin with the show highlights.



Mile and Apo

I admit at first I was only looking forward to seeing Mile and Apo when I decided to watch their show. To be honest, I am not into the other side pairings in the drama before. My eyes and heart are completely on Mile and Apo. They were such dorks the entire evening and I was anticipating their return to the stage each time. 


Apo was such a cutie the entire show. Okay, first let me put it out there that I have yet to find another Thai actor who is more good-looking than Apo. He is just that gorgeous! He moves effortlessly as if he’s always having a good time and it just brightens the mood of everyone in the place. 

Mile, on the other hand, is an interesting character. He comes off as a little calculated in the beginning. Like he’s worried to make a mistake or something. But whenever he’s with Apo he loosens up and starts having fun as well. His aura is no joke. Maybe it was because of the character he played but he has this mysterious appeal that draws you to him and so you have no choice but to give in to his charms. Mysterious and sexy aura. I like it. 


Their personalities complement each other perfectly. Their chemistry was definitely *chef’s kiss* and they made the entire arena feel loved and appreciated. I like how they weren’t awkward with each other and it doesn’t seem like they were forcing themselves to appear like they like each other. They just do. And I don’t mean the romantic type, it was all very wholesome and my heart was just so full watching their interactions.


Jeff Satur is a Revelation

The performance that left the biggest mark on me was that of Jeff’s. Apparently he’s a professional singer and so he decided to sing a few of his songs for his stage. The highlight for me was when he performed a rendition of Ben&Ben’s ‘Leaves’. I super loved his song choice and appreciated him taking the time and effort to learn a Philippine song. I am also slowly discovering his discography and so far I am happy with his songs. He also has quite a huge following in the Philippines which was a surprise to me. 




Bible is the New Religion

Bible was a feast on the eyes for the rest of the fanmeet. He did a dance routine while hanging on a scaffolding on stage. I can’t explain it well but you can just look at the picture I took. He was the resident sexy bad boy in the drama and he did not disappoint. He also acts as the team’s designated speaker most of the time since he speaks good English. And he has a huge fanbase in the Philippines as well judging from the screaming fangirl and fanboys in the arena whenever he was on stage or on screen.




Special Mentions

  • Tong for proudly declaring his support for the LGBTQIA community. What he did and said just made this event so much better and more wholesome. I have never been actively involved in causes but experiencing that and hearing him speak made my heart swell with pride and appreciation.
  • Perth’s crazy Sailor Moon stage. It was nothing short of crazy. He’s crazy. I had fun. We all had fun watching him have fun and achieving his dreams. I was laughing and cringing at the same time LOL. His character was the complete opposite of Ram in My Engineer.
  • Barcode’s ending message broke my heart a little. He sounded so young and innocent and I can feel the sincerity in his voice. I don’t want to read too much into his words but I hope he finds strength to push through and rest whenever he feels the need to.
  • And finally, Apo and Cumulus band performing a Scrubb song. My 2gether: The Series heart melted.

The show went on for 4 hours. I don’t know if that’s how long these type of events usually takes but WOW! Those 4 hours made every single penny I spent for their ticket worth it. This experience was definitely one that I would cherish for the rest of my life.

To be honest, I do not know what to expect when I decided to watch this show having never attended a similar one before since I prefer concerts more. My only hope was that I’d have fun and I am so grateful that the cast and team of KinnPorsche: The Series delivered.

Thank you Mile and Apo, and the rest of the cast and the team behind KinnPorsche: The Series. See you again next time!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Moon in Manila

How do I even begin this fan account? Yesterday was crazy. I was basically dragging my feet going home as I was too tired from the long day but it was all worth it. Finally seeing Jung Yong Hwa , Lee Jong Hyun , Kang Min Hyuk , and Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE perform live in front of me is truly a dream come true. The concert was scheduled to start at 8:00 PM while gates open at 6:00 PM but I went to the venue early so I won’t have to worry about being stuck in traffic or something. I was there at around 3:00 in the afternoon and good thing the concert venue was next to shopping malls so I was just mindlessly strolling while waiting for the time. I lined up at around 4:00 PM and thankfully they opened the gates and let everyone in at exactly 6:00 PM, so I only need to stand in line for about 2 hours. Of course, it’s nothing compared to yesterday’s. While we were let into the building early, we had to wait again to enter the main coliseum where the concert will take place. It seems like

Son Woo Hyeon Returns to Stage Plays in Sergio Blanco’s Tebas Land

Tebas Land depicts the story of S , a playwright seeking to create a project around the story of Martin Santos , a young man who murdered his own father. The pair gets to know each other through repeated encounters on a prison basketball court as S gives Martin a space to share his story in his own words. S originally aims to understand what caused Martin to kill his father and to decipher the psyche of a parricide, however, as their meetings progress, S’s artistic vision begins to blur the line between art and truth. In the play, Woo Hyun takes on the roles of Martin , a young man imprisoned for the murder of his father, and Federico , the actor who will be portraying Martin. The show will run from June 28, 2023 (Wednesday) to September 24, 2023 (Sunday) at the Chungmu Arts Center – Middle Hall (Black) in Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The venue has a maximum capacity of 327 seats . There will be performances every day except on Monday making the total performances to 103 (or 102 in cas

To My Star Has Seized My Universe

Hey everyone! How have you been? As for me, I have been busy with the mundane stuff but thankfully still have enough time to spend catching up on old and new BL shows alike. With how popular the Boys’ Love genre has come to be, it’s no surprise that entertainment companies have been steadily churning show after show for the fans to feast on. My watch list just keeps getting longer but I’m not complaining. Today, I’m going to talk about a Korean BL series that is very special to me: To My Star . This will be the first of a 2-part post on this series as I will be talking about seasons 1 & 2 separately. Please be warned that this will be an in-depth review of the show so there will be spoilers not to mention it will be a lengthy post. Let’s start. The Plot To My Star is a South Korean Boys’ Love (KBL) web drama directed by Hwang Da Seul and starring actors Son Woo Hyeon and Kim Kang Min . Season 1 began airing on the 22nd of  January 2021 and had a total of 9 episodes with a durat